Friday, May 10, 2019

One month since surgery.

Okay, I'm ready to be done with this, be pain-free and back to life.  Or maybe just as much pain as I had before.   :-/   I'm not sure.  I know that I needed to do this, but getting through the weeks and weeks and weeks of pain and torture (also known as physical therapy) has been hard.  I wish there was some way to miraculously heal, but there isn't.  It's inch by inch or literally a matter of degrees.  At PT yesterday they were able to bend my knee 93 degrees.   That's good, apparently. 

So, today it's been a month since I slept in my bed, took a normal shower, walked without a walker, went to a store, went to the library, went to work, went to church, drove myself anyplace ... it's been a long month.   I hope to add some of those things back in the next month.   Wish me luck!

On the good side, the weather's been really nice, a bunch of the flowers a friend of mine gave me after my mom passed away are blooming, my family has been great to me, I'm getting a lot of art done and my young adults are experiencing all kinds of personal growth, having to handle all the things I used to handle for them. That's been a good experience for all of us, something that we needed to do.  I tend to want to do everything for everyone so they won't be inconvenienced and that has not been good for them.  I guess this is one of the lessons I had to learn the hard way.  I wish I'd quit doing that!!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails