Thursday, May 02, 2019

3 Weeks Today.

It's been 3 weeks since I had the surgery.  Three weeks of walking with a walker, having ice on my leg, having my leg propped up, nearly constant asthma issues, having to be waited on (it's getting a little better in that regard) and sleeping in the recliner in the living room.  The last couple of nights, I have been able to spend some time in my bed and that's been good, but my tolerance for the leg lying flat is only a couple of hours.  My tolerance for riding in the car is about 10 minutes.  Unfortunately, we live at least 20 minutes from everything, so that's not fun.   I do think that maybe next week, I may be able to get out and about.  It's just unfathomable what an injury has been done to my leg and how long it's going to take to get over it.  Usually at 3 weeks after a surgery, you're pretty much back to normal, at least for all the surgeries I've had, but not this one.  This one is big.   Major.  I'm doing okay, really.  My family is fantastic to me and I appreciate that.  But, I'm ready to be okay again.  Really, really ready.





Here are a few pictures of what I've been looking at during my confinement at home,  my decorated walker and some of our pets, 2 of whom are in cones, again. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails