Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Still dieting.

I've lost 12 pounds, which seems like only a little, but really, it's pretty good for a little over 3 weeks.  I want to lose as much weight as I can to help with my recovery after surgery.   I talked to the nutritionist on the phone yesterday and she added in more foods to my list of foods.  So this week, I'll get to eat peaches, cucumbers, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, cherries, yogurt and apparently a ton of seafood, which I don't usually eat, but maybe this week.  I've been living on the same few foods for 3 weeks, so any change kind of seems welcome.  My symptom index has gone down from a score of 65 down to 41, so my symptoms in all kinds of areas have improved.   That's pretty good.  I'd like to go to the doctor and get blood work done and see if my inflammation markers have gone down.  I'll be having a bunch of that kind of stuff done in a month to prep for my knee surgery, so maybe I'll just ask about it then.  Since my mom passed away from Alzheimer's, I'm trying to get my inflammation down, because that's one of the factors, maybe.  (We hear something new every day)  But, my mom had inflammation and fibromyalgia and I suspect she had a gluten intolerance like the kids and I do, so it is a pretty decent theory in my case.   Once I get my knees done, I'm also going to start walking, walking, walking, to try and lower my risks in another way. 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails