Sunday, February 03, 2019

Made it one week.

Okay, it will be a week this afternoon that I've been on this diet.  Some of my cooking, of course, has been hit and miss as I learn to bake without eggs and with buckwheat flour and goats milk.  I made some passable buckwheat bread and some mediocre cream of broccoli soup.   I'm keeping a food journal and a symptom log.  I think that my sleep quality is improving.  A couple of my joints, my shoulder, and elbow, are not as sore this morning.  Of course, my knees are still horrible and I'm going to have a total knee replacement on the left side (makes me feel so old!) in April, and then on the right knee sometime in the nebulous future.  (I'm going to try to be brave and actually schedule it).   I've been having a lot of nasal congestion this week.  The nutritionist said that some of my symptoms would get worse the first week and then at the end of the second week, I should feel a lot better.  We'll see.

Broccoli soup, made with goats milk, thickened with buckwheat, with buckwheat bread on the side.  It's not really very good, but I can get it down.   One more week and I get to add in more foods.  
No other real news here, other than the surgery news, which I'm still trying to come to terms with.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails