Monday, August 14, 2017

He's on his way!

Youngest son started college today.  I'll let you know how it goes later.  He's taking Algebra 1, World History, The Freshman Experience and Writing 1.   It should be a relatively easy course load for him, but of course, I worry that his learning disabilities will cause him difficulty.  I do think he will ask for help though.  The learning disabilities/accessibility coordinator there at the college is very nice.  We've spoken with him several times and he says that if my son has any problem doing something he is asked to do in class, to come to him and he will help him find a way to meet the requirements of the class.  It was fun taking him to get his hair cut and buy him new clothes and a backpack.  He hasn't had a backpack since he left school in first grade.   He's going to a community college that is about 20 miles from our house and my biggest, biggest worry is his driving.  He's refused to drive much with me in the passenger seat because I am annoying ( I own that!) and therefore he has not had enough driving practice to feel really confident, so therefore I am not really confident.  Nevertheless, I let him go.  I'm still waiting, right now, on the text to let me know he's arrived.  He's not the only one being brave today!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails