Thursday, April 27, 2017

Spring! (Random news from around here).

Beautiful!

It's beautiful and then it storms and then it's BEAUTIFUL and then it rains and the pollen counts are over the moon, but I'm still enjoying spring.  Our lawn mower is not working again and we have huge weeds in our yard, but this seems to have increased our wildlife sightings.  In this picture, there is a turkey right in the center, at the base of that tree.  I know you can't see it well, but we got a thrill out of seeing it.  It was fun.   Then the other day, we had a turtle walk across our deck, notice the hole where the tree fell on the deck and decide that yes, he could definitely fit in there, only to get stuck and need rescuing.  :-)

Turkey

I can do this!

No, no I can't.  

Spring also brings my birthday and I got a couple of presents and had a wonderful cake, so that's good.  I still don't like getting older, but I do enjoy the cake part of birthdays.  :-)

I'm officially as of last night, halfway through my challenge to read 50 books this year and I currently have 3 that I'm reading, so that's going well.

My daughter only has about 18 more days of work until she's off for the summer.  

Youngest son has decided that he will not learn to drive from me, so I've been fired from that position.  His dad will have to step up or he'll have to wait until his sister turns 21 so she can teach him legally.  That will be in August.  I'm kind of relieved. Now I can take it off my every day list.  Every day I have been asking him if he wants to go driving and he pretty much always says no.  Now I don't have to ask.  It's on him.  It's his responsibility.

In other random news, oldest son is graduating from college next month and getting married the month after that so we're trying to get ready for those 2 events.  I am doing a lot of dress shopping for the wedding, but I haven't found anything yet.

I just set up a couple of board game meetups with the homeschool group.  I'm thankful they let us do this because the group is growing and everyone seems to be having a good time.

I'm also job hunting and job hunting and job hunting, but I haven't (obviously) found anything yet.  I'm tired of it, but what can I do?  Keep trying, that's what.

Anyway, that's the random news from here for today.

I hope you're having a good one!







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails