Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"It's a school day"


I go around announcing that in the mornings. This time of year I frequently do it in a song, to the tune of "you're a mean one, mister Grinch!" It's still an unpopular announcement. They groan and complain but then sometimes if we haven't done school for a couple of days, they'll get bored and one of them will stay something like "We don't have anything to do. We haven't had school!" (The older 2, not the younger one, he never says anything like that!) So I suspect they actually kind of like it, especially when we are doing more fun stuff. The last really fun unit we did, in my opinion, was the Christian Cottage South and Central America study. It was really good. I've got another one of their units on Asia, Africa and Europe to do and I was thinking we'd wait until we are done with American History, but I'm not sure. Maybe we could do both at once? Or maybe I can just try to make the American History more fun and interesting. So far, it's not really. I blame that on my teaching. I just haven't had time to add much to the textbook. We've been notebooking and that's always a good part of the school day. We've also been doing some fun Christmas things. We did the Night Before Christmas mad lib yesterday and some Christmas picture sudoku.

I need to get busy today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Schooling until tomorrow. Rosie is counting the seconds! LOL

Freakmom said...

We've had motivation problems here too. Even with the fun projects. I guess that big tree in the middle of the house is just too distracting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails