Tuesday, July 30, 2019

It's almost August!!

Back in my homeschooling days, I would be happily looking at the Rainbow Resource catalog and having a great time picking out a curriculum for our school year, which I would then probably change out in December and start something new in January.  It was always so much fun planning and ordering and getting out supplies.  Sigh.  I miss it.

We're getting ready to celebrate our daughter's 23rd birthday.  Oh goodness.  It doesn't seem possible.   No back to school for anyone this year as our youngest has graduated college.  So it's weird. 

I'm waiting for the peaches on the peach tree to be ready to eat and hoping that something else doesn't eat them before we get them picked like they did one year.   I'm also pondering whether to apply for a full-time position that's come open at work and trying to lose weight (that never ends, but I have lost 30 pounds this year through intermittent fasting!) and casually shopping for a dress for my brother's wedding which is in October!!  I'm very excited about that.  My brother is going to get married for the first time to a wonderful lady that we all love.  I'm going to have a new sister-in-law!

I'm also working a little (very little, sad to say) on my book about homeschooling and playing the Sims 4 hundred baby challenge in my spare time.  I need to play less Sims and work on my book more.   Some things never change.   By that, I mean me.   :-) 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails