Saturday, March 30, 2019

Getting closer.

Honestly, I'm glad this is the week I have to work for my co-worker and next week is the week I have to have surgery because now I am just in get-it-over-with mode.  I can't wait until all of this is over, over, over.   Today is my last day to volunteer and I guess I will go and do it.  The temptation is not to, just to go ahead and start my leave, I don't know why.   I guess because the next week is going to be so, so busy and exhausting, but I really don't think resting today would help.

I've got most of the things to do checked off my list.  I bought my walker yesterday.  That felt like a weird thing to do.    I still need to buy a bath seat.   I was hoping that my family would get my shower re-done so that it isn't so hard to step up into, but they didn't, so that's going to be a huge struggle for me after the surgery.   Not looking forward to that, but I will persevere because I can't go a day without a shower.

In other news, I got some lab results back from my rheumatologist.  Since I've been on this MRT LEAP protocol diet to help with inflammation, my inflammation marker, C reactive protein, went down from 7.0 to 4.8!  I'm very excited.   That's solid evidence that the diet and the fasting are working and hopefully will help me stick to it.  It's hard and kind of alienating at work when I can't eat anything and they have a lot of food-centered parties.  Yesterday was someone's birthday so they had lasagne, fettucini and cake and salad.  Guess who ate salad with her own dressing that she brought from home?   Eventually, the nutritionist says I will be able to add foods back in, just to eat them occasionally and not to make them everyday food choices.  I can live with that.  Next, we are going to have my daughter tested to see if this will help with her migraines.   I sincerely hope it does.

Speaking of my daughter, she's in a gallery exhibition with the other students in her class and has her own section of the wall.   Since I won't be able to go to the reception, which is post-surgery, I went on my own on Thursday to take pictures. :-)
We also did some watercolor work at home.  This is hers.

And this one is mine.  


Youngest son went to talk to his advisor at school the other day and he does not have to do the internship and IS on track to graduate in May.  Exciting!

Oldest son is trying to get a full time job in IT and we have our fingers crossed for him and daughter-in-law WAS accepted into graduate school!

Lots of good things happening.  I need to focus on those and not stress!






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails