Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My blog.

My blog was recently listed as one of the top 25 homeschooling blogs on this site.
Online Degrees. It's funny, I've been on that site lately, trying to find something for my oldest to major in from home because he doesn't ever want to set foot in a classroom again.  Anyway, here's the link to the blog.  Top 25 Homeschool Blogs and here's what it says about my blog in particular. 

"This blogs’ tag line says it best: “The random thoughts and homeschooling ideas of a work-at-home, school-at-home mom of three. Archives go back to 2005, so there is plenty of material for ideas and inspiration — or commiseration. There are also helpful links."

It's fun to be listed and it got me to thinking, specifically, what my blog is about.  It's random.  Yes, I knew it was going to be random when I thought up that tagline, because my thoughts are pretty random.  I was thinking about someone I know who kind of has a 1 track mind yesterday and I've decided that I must have a 400 track mind.  The problem with this is that my mental train jumps tracks frequently and without warning and then can't find it's way back to the original track.  Anyway, I probably got nominated specifically because my archives go back to 2005 and there's plenty to read here.  Volume, I have.  I've been going back and reading my own archives lately and been enjoying them very much.  You will find some chuckles there for sure.   If I had time, I'd do a funniest posts archive for fun.  I may make a blog book someday and just put the fun ones in. 

I hope though, that there is a theme, if you read, you'll get a growing conviction that homeschooling is a lifestyle that is worthwhile, that it is extremely good for kids and families, that it promotes bonding, is a personalized education that is superior to what you can get anywhere else for your kids, is fun and can be done even if you have a 400 track mind, no math skills (thankfully my husband does though),  through working, job changes, bad hair days, home remodeling, deaths, illness, surgery, broken bones and various other things and it actually makes dealing with these things easier, not harder, than it was when we were in the public schools, because homeschooling is so incredibly flexible.  That's the point I've been trying to make for the last 5 years or so.

2 comments:

:)De said...

Congrats!!

Rodna Allman said...

You make some very great points. I love homeschooling, and I really wish others could see the benefits of homeschooling.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails