Wednesday, July 26, 2006

No School But ...

We're still not doing scheduled school but still, there's some educational stuff going on. My youngest son is still as always) relating everything to math. He subtracts days on the calendar counting down to things. He talks about things like if we had a million cookies, how many could each of us have. Last night he was trying to figure out how many seconds are in a year. I'm not sure if he ever got to the answer or not but he just finished 2nd grade and he was trying to figure it out in his head, so I think any progress was pretty good. Last I heard, he was trying to multiply 60 x 60.

All of the kids decided last night to go through our modest collection of DVDs and watch some they hadn't watched for a while since our DVD player was broken for a while. They ended up watching a Leapfrog video that I got to help my youngest with reading and then a kid's exercise video called Kick to Get Fit Kids (which they exercised along with). Then they got out a yoga DVD of mine that I've only done once and did a little yoga. After that, they did Kick to Get Fit again.

So, there was a lot of PE and some reading going on at my house last night, thanks to our DVD player. It was all for fun and I didn't count it as a school day, but it was good.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Those DVD's sound like fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails