Friday, June 02, 2006

Testing.

We did testing today with the older two kids. It's the first time they've been assessed since we started homeschooling. We used the California Achievement Test and we'll know the results in a few weeks. I have mixed feelings about it. I want the tool it will provide, to tell me what their strong points and weak points are but I think it made them feel bad today, because there were a couple of sections that they didn't have time to complete. I don't want a silly old test to bother their self-esteem. Darn. I guess we'll have to wait and see how it turns out. Thankfully, we live in a state where we get to choose whether to test or not.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet they will do fine! You have some smart and imaginative kids there so one test should give them a reference point to look at rather then being a self-esteem breaker or that's one way to look at it.

Fatcat said...

Thanks! They were doubtful this morning, but I think they're pretty much over it now.

I hope you're right about it not being a self esteem breaker. I'd hate to erase all the progress we've made in the last year and a half!

Mrs. House Mouse said...

Fine line there isn't it? I had Pipsqueak tested just so I wouls have a good idea where she was at. It provided a valuable guide, and didn't hurt her self esteem at all. I think your kiddos will be just fine. You could always hide the scores from them? LOL!

Anonymous said...

We did our testing and I have received the results, but I don't understand how to determine whether our scores are passing. We used the California Acheivement Test through Seton testing from Front Royal, VA.

Fatcat said...

That is the same test we used! Did you try calling them and asking?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails