Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Post Holiday Blahs.

     
WARNING - WHINING AHEAD!!!

It always happens.  I get the blahs in January.   I am so there.  I just get to the point that I'm fed up with everything.   Right now, I'm fed up with the fact that my dog had surgery 3 weeks ago and hasn't healed up and is still having to be in a crate all the time because of drainage.  It's gross, it's pitiful.  I feel so bad for her.  :-(

I'm fed up with the fact that my knee is getting worse and worse and I'm probably going to have to have it replaced.  I missed work because of it on Monday and I almost never miss work for my own ailments.  I drag myself in there no matter what.  It's very painful.  :-(

I'm also a bit sad (and a bit relieved) at the thought of giving up my board game group.  It's not ending, I'm just going to extract myself and put my young adult offspring in charge.  They can come up with their own places to meet, own times to meet, their own rules of conduct and everything else.  I started running it as a homeschool group 3-4 years ago and it's been fun, but my time to step down was a while back and I just haven't done it yet.  There are a couple of kids whose parents may pull them out if there's not any mom-type supervision, but I just can't feel responsible for them anymore.  Their own moms can come, sit in the restaurant and supervise them if they want them supervised.  I'm just done.  It has become more and more clear.

I guess that's all.

I ran out of steam pretty quickly. 

Now I need to get busy, focus on the positive and try and find an orthopedic surgeon that's in -network.

Fun times.

Sorry, this has nothing to do with homeschooling, other than the ending of my homeschooling board game group.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails