Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Dieting and other things.

I'm doing the food allergies diet.  I'm a little more than 24 hours in.  I survived all day yesterday without dairy, corn, nightshades (potatoes!) and all kinds of other things.  I ate beef, onions, spinach, avocado, turkey, broccoli, cauliflower, a banana, oats, sugar and peanut butter.  I am really glad that those last 3 showed up on my list of things I can have because I made no-bake cookies out of them and it helped a lot with the feelings of deprivation.   (1 cup sugar, 3/4 cup peanut butter, 1/2 cup oats, 1/4 cup water, boil sugar and water for 1 minute (full boil), stir in peanut butter and oats, drop on foil or waxed paper).  I sat and drank black coffee at a co-worker's birthday party, but that's not new to me, since I've been gluten free for 9 years.  I couldn't have had any of the treats they served anyway.  I'm used to it and fortunately, now, my co-workers are used to it and don't worry about me going hungry.  I'll be fine.  Maybe I'll be more fine than I ever have been.  Let's hope so.

In other news, youngest son is now well-entrenched in his last semester of college.  (He's getting an associate degree in business management).   He has the same professor that he had trouble with last semester, for 2 classes this semester, but so far, the prof seems to be behaving himself.  That's the trouble with a really small college, there's not a large variety of professors, especially once you are in your classes for your major.  Youngest son had to drop chorus to fit his classes in and he's had to shuffle a D&D session to later in the evening, but he's working it all out.
Yesterdays's sunrise, taken from the car, while driving.  Still pretty, but a bit crooked.  

Oldest son and his wife are back in Mississippi and it seems like forever since we've seen them.  I guess we had better get used to that feeling.  :-(

Daughter and I are getting ready to take advantage of my lower than usual work schedule right now and get some things done around the house; painting the countertops and the baseboards and trim.  Neither one of which we want to do, but both of which, I want done.

Freckles has been freed from her crate, since her wound is finally healing.  She's still wearing the cone, but she's reveling in her freedom quite a bit.  It's cute.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails