Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Finally some time off!

I have a couple of days off this week and it's great.  So much to do to get ready for the weekend, but thank goodness, I have the time to do it.  We have 5 events this weekend, starting Friday with a work Christmas party that I have to take a dish for (and those people bring their A game every time, so it needs to be something kind of fancy), then we're having the board game group come here for a party on Saturday (so, of course, there will need to be a bit of cleaning), then we have a party with our old college/high school friends on Saturday night, then Sunday morning a potluck brunch and then a baby shower.  After that, ironically, we don't have much going on and really don't even have any plans for Christmas because our son and his wife will not be here for Christmas this year.  We'll be celebrating with them in January.  So this weekend is probably going to be the busiest of the season.  It's fun though.  I'm looking forward to seeing old friends and new friends and eating a lot of great food.  It's just a challenge showing up dressed and presentable with the right food and/or gift for each occasion.  It takes a lot of prep work and planning.

Thankfully, I've not turned into the old grinch this year.  We've been watching a few Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music and I'm trying very hard not to let it bother me that I don't have my shopping done.  :-P  I will get there.  Eventually.    I always do.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails