Saturday, December 25, 2021

Christmas 2021.

 It's been a year.   

Lots of surgeries and recovery time.   Loss of 2 people we hold very dearly, my husband's mom and my dear aunt.   Covid 19.    And, bathroom remodeling.   

But we're still here.  We're happy to be celebrating Christmas this year even though it's going to take us a few weeks to get it done.   We're celebrating with my husband's Dad and one of his brother's family today, then next weekend with our son and daughter-in-law from Mississippi, and then in the first couple of weeks of January, we'll be meeting with the extended families if they meet.  We've celebrated for the past couple of weeks with our church family.   

Christmas is always bittersweet as we mourn Christmases past and family members who are not with us anymore, but it's always beautiful.  

It's 9:00 a.m. as I write this and youngest son, the person I know who loves Christmas the most is already up (though he worked late last night) wrapping presents and making me smile.  

Merry Christmas!   

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails