Saturday, November 20, 2021

Looking ahead.

 We are trying to move ahead,  We are making plans and looking forward to the holidays.   We have moved the location of Thanksgiving so that it will not be at my mother-in-law's house, though my father-in-law still lives there.  It seems like it would just be too emotional to have it there.  So, we're having it at my brother and sister-in-law's house.  We've got a lot of cooking to do this week for all the feasting.  I'm not ready and would kind of like to skip the holidays this year, but I'm going to put on my brave face.  I guess that's best.  

Believe it or not, I've already started my Christmas shopping!  My family has been pretty prompt about sending me their lists (most of them) and I've been better about just going ahead and ordering them.  Usually, I hesitate and obsess for a few weeks.   

We officially are done with the bathroom remodel, at least from the contractor's point of view and now we just have to finish some trim, a tiny bit of painting, and  set up the new bathroom furniture.  We are also getting our driveway graded even as I write this.  Things are happening to make the house look nice going into the holidays.  It's a money pit, so it's never done, but I can be happy with that is.   I guess.  :-P  

Anyway, happy Thanksgiving week! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails