Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Freckles Marie

Freckles passed away yesterday.   It was not as gentle and uneventful as I had hoped.   Our vet was closed for the holiday weekend, so we had to drive her 45 minutes away to an emergency pet hospital.  She did sleep on my daughter's lap on the way there and my husband and I talked to her and loved on her as she went to sleep in the vet's office.  We're all pretty heartbroken, but there is a feeling of relief as well that she is not suffering.  She really went downhill fast over the weekend, getting so much worse from Sunday to Monday. 

I'd like to say she was a "good girl" as everyone says about their dogs but she rarely got called that.  I called her "crazy woman" or "Freckie"

most of the time.  When I'd say "who's a good girl?", I'd always say "we don't know any do we?"  Freckles was loving, on her terms.  She was the queen of the world with her own boundaries, her preferences.   We loved that little tiny bundle of attitude so very much.   I'll miss the way she would suprise me with a lick in the nostril and the way she'd fake snap when you'd lean in close to love on her.  I'll miss her little underbite and the way her tongue stuck out between her  snaggle teeth.  Her little bug eyes, barrel shaped body and teeny feet.   The way she'd sit outside and pine if both of us girls were gone someplace and she'd been left with only boys to take care of her and to let her in and out and in and out and in and out.   I miss how she snored with her little crooked nose.   

I don't know what we're going to do without her.   


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails