Thursday, November 14, 2019

Getting ready for the crunch week.

We've got snow and pretty fall leaves at the same time right now.  


Next week, my co-worker is going to be out for the whole week and I have to cover for her. After that, it should settle down to once a week, but it depends on how she feels. I hope it's not a horrible treatment for her. She's been through enough. I'll be fine as long as I can keep my anxiety in check. This job has taught me what an anxious person I am. Whew. I feel like I need to get back to working at home. I don't know if that's the right course or not, but I've been out there, stretching myself and getting way out of my comfort zone and now I want to get back in it. I found out yesterday that my hospital (I'm VERY disappointed in them for this.) is going to transition all of their transcription to Voice Recognition software and make all of their transcriptionists take coding training or become secretaries. I've already started studying inpatient medical coding, so I have a little bit of a head start, I guess. It doesn't change anything for me. For the last few months my plan has been to study coding, hopefully pass the coding exam, become a certified coder and get out of this job. The only change is that now, the job as I know it is going to disappear? I guess. I don't know what it will look like.




Meanwhile, I'm trying to deal with anxiety, which I do by playing the Sims 4, Words With Friends, exercise (mostly just at PT) and binge-watching Mike and Molly. It's fine. I've adopted Kelsey Impicciche's slogan (from Buzzfeed's Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge on Youtube)






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails