Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Trying to get some things done.

We're always trying to do something and home-ownership is a job that sometimes I think we're just not up to, but we try.  We've got the kitchen and bathroom painted and now we have stalled.  The cleaning the laundry room task has been derailed by my son's birthday and getting the Nintendo Switch,   The Switch is their payment for doing all this work for me this summer and I may have jumped the gun and bought it too soon.  :-(  But it was his birthday and I thought it would be great for him to get it on his birthday and then he could use his birthday money to buy games for it.  It's working out great for him, but the work has stalled.  Part of that was my fault due to not having the supplies here that they needed, but it's mostly on them because they could have easily been cleaning the laundry room while waiting on supplies.  All the supplies were here yesterday; countertop paint, paint for the front door, paint for the front porch/deck stairs, wood trim for the dining room wall thingy, etc and they still didn't do anything much yesterday.  I'm frustrated but trying not to nag too much and ruin the mood around here.

Sigh. 

It's a struggle.

I got my list of things done yesterday, but none of my things were very satisfying to mark off the list. 

Ah well.  Today is another day. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails