Thursday, March 29, 2018

The long day and soon, the long week.

Last Saturday, we were triple booked.   And it rained all day.  We had the Easter Egg hunt at church, which we were in charge of, then a lunchtime family reunion with a bunch of relatives.  My aunt from Seattle had flown in and a lot of people had come to see her.  Most of the people there, I had to be introduced to because I hadn't seen them since I was about 10 years old.  It was interesting.  Then, later that night, we had my brother-in-law and sister-in-law's wedding reception.  They got married back in the fall, but had their reception this past weekend, so that her relatives from another state could be here.  It was fun and very elegant and pretty.  By the end of the day though, I was so tired as to be giggly on the way home.  I'm glad those kind of days don't hit very often. 

Hunting eggs inside because of rain, rain, rain.  
We do have my brother's wedding to look forward to though, in hopefully, the near future.  :-P  They haven't set a date yet. 

This is an altogether busy week.   We've got Easter this weekend and then I'm going to work a 40 hour week.  Normally, I work 12 hours a week, so this is really going to be a stretch for me.  I'll have to figure out time management and I'll have to deal with exhaustion and pain.  My back and legs will HURT.  I know that going in.  I'm already on Mobic for my osteoarthritis so the only thing I can take to augment it is Tylenol.  I'm not looking forward to it.  This time last year, I was not looking forward to working a week of day camp at the Montessori  school.  I survived that and I will, likely, survive this.

At the wedding we had dancing.  I danced the cupid shuffle, but that's it.  I'm not in this picture.  :-) 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails