Thursday, February 02, 2017

It's weird.

It's very weird being unemployed.  I am not sure how to act.  I've been doing quite a bit of cleaning during the time that I have been off and lately, I've been working very hard on getting in shape.  I've been going to the physical therapy gym and exercising for 45 minutes 3 times a week.  I still have more cleaning and organizing to do, my bedroom and the laundry room are crying out for re-organization, but after working out, I am so tired.  I'm getting there though.  I did 25 minutes on the exercise bike this morning and the rest of the time did knee physical therapy exercises.  I have improved on all the exercises and I am feeling better.

I am going to start working at the Montessori school where my daughter works as a substitute and I've been doing some things to get ready for that.  They've pursued me.  I would like to work there, but I like to have a daily routine and so being a sub doesn't really appeal to me.  I said no twice and finally, when no other job has presented itself, I said yes, reluctantly.  I really want to find something more regular, but maybe this will work into something.

We're working on wedding and shower plans and that's exciting.  We're going to have a wedding shower in March when my son and his fiancee are here visiting us.  I'm also working on getting my youngest son assessed for his learning disabilities so that he can get accommodations for college and filling out college applications for him.  It seems likely that he will go to the local community college.  I don't think he wants to leave home right away and I am good with that.  I will let you know how it goes, going to college with dysgraphia/dyslexia or whatever it is that he has.  It should be interesting.  Hopefully, the college will be easily able to accommodate his needs and he won't feel embarrassed to need the help.   We went to vocational rehabilitation yesterday and though they don't think he will qualify for their services, they are going to see if they can get him assessed for us so that we will have documentation of the learning disability.  This is the kind of thing that homeschoolers have to do, because he's not coming from the public school system with an IEP.

That's it for us.  It's quiet around here.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails