Thursday, April 09, 2015

Salad Adventures.

I've been reading and trying to do everything I can to prevent Alzheimer's disease in myself.  I printed out a copy of the instructions for the MIND diet which is supposed to help.   I also suspect that gluten is a factor (Gluten and Dementia.)  I've been gluten free for 5 1/2 years now and getting off of it certainly helped my brain fog/brain function.  The MIND diet suggests several servings a day of whole grains and no real butter, so I am not following it exactly.  I am trying to add leafy greens, berries, nuts, fish and wine to my regimen right now and plan to start cooking more with olive oil.  One of the first things I have done is to make these little salads in a jar and put them in the fridge.  These have proven to be very popular with the teenagers in this house, which surprised me.  I knew the boy liked salads and would help me eat them, but the girl has always claimed not to like salads.  She's gone salad crazy.  We went to town, special trip, last night to get some more ranch dressing, which is unusual, but I knew I'd be tied up all day today with stuff and I thought it would be good practice for her to drive at night.  It turns out she needed the practice and needed help with the headlights, the mirror and the windshield wipers, so it was a good thing.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails