Wednesday, March 26, 2014

My new job joy.

I'm a medical transcriptionist, with 1 skill that unfortunately is attached to a dying industry.  Voice recognition software with transcriptionists as editors is taking over.  It took my last job away from me.  This job, to me, is just me trying to squeeze the last little bit out of the profession while I figure out what do to with the rest of my life.  I'm typing for a psychiatrist this morning whom I swear sounds like he is talking with marbles in his mouth.  He's slurring.  He keeps getting caught in a loop and dictating the same 3 headings over and over with different paragraphs after them.  Only about 3/4 of what he says is intelligible at all.  We're trying together to do a report about a drug addicted suicidal patient who is undergoing about his 20th psychiatric admission.

20 minutes into this craziness, I am wondering if maybe the physician is also drug addicted and I am starting to feel that the patient is not the only one who is suicidal.

I need to figure out what the heck to do with my post-transcription life and I need to figure it out quickly.  This is driving me tee-totally bonkers.


I am not trying to be insensitive to the patients that I type for who have real diagnoses and real issues, but I do feel that this job might make me join them sooner than I would have hoped. It's been a very rough year and it has not been an ideal time to have to start a very difficult new job.

Also, I keep losing my internet connection and having to get up and go in the other room to reset it.  That does not help.

The good news is I get to see my homeschooling peeps today for a prom planning meeting.  I am hoping/praying that it does not get cancelled because I need to see some friendly faces and hear some things I understand. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails