Tuesday, November 02, 2010

F I E L D T R I P ! ! !

Today we get to take a field trip.  I'm excited about it.  I'll post the details later.  Yesterday went pretty well.  The small changes to the lists were noted and I think they'll work.  We also dug up our sweet potato crop.  We had about 20 potatoes from one half of one I planted that had grown eyes in the pantry.  They were small, but it was a lot of fun to dig them up.  Our garden did remarkably well for our garden.  We only planted 1 pumpkin, 1 potato, 3 peppers and 3 tomato plants (I think) and we harvested quite a few veggies.  A lot of years we have had plants and vines but few were pollenated.  I think the fact that we had purple coneflowers this year and they attract TONS of butterflies, also helped our veggie crop this year.  There was also the fact that we moved the entire garden closer to the deck so that it got more attention from us and was further away from the morning glories.  That helped too.  Next year, of course, I will have to plant more.  Spring always brings hope of a new bountiful crop.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails