Saturday, October 21, 2006

Wake up and smell the coffee.

As I mentioned, youngest son wanted to get up at 7:00 a.m. this morning to watch cartoons. We don't have cable TV or satellite, so this is his only opportunity, really. Anyway, I agreed to wake him up. As a homeschooling, work at home mom, I usually just get up whenever I wake up which is usually about 8:00 to 8:30, so I needed an alarm clock. I don't have one; mine stopped working several months ago and I haven't replaced it. I could use DH's but it is really, really, really, heart attack loud, totally on the other side of the bed and I don't like to mess up his settings, because he might forget to reset it and end up late for work. So I had the idea to bring my tiny little coffee maker into the bedroom and set it to start brewing coffee at 7:00 a.m. Oh, it was wonderful to wake up to a gentle sound and the smell of coffee. I might do that from now on.

3 comments:

Janet said...

oooh, what a great idea!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Janet! Great idea! *Grin*

Have you ever heard a Sreaming MiMi? Truckers use them... *LOUD*

Anonymous said...

I agree, great idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails