Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Homeschooling/ Open to Possibilities.

Yesterday, we took the day off from homeschooling because my DH and I went to a foster care preliminary meeting. We are thinking about getting into a foster-to-adopt program. They gave us a pile of paperwork, that is, I'm not kidding, an inch thick. I've got to start filling out forms. I don't know if I am a strong enough person to do this, but I feel called to it or drawn to it, so I am going to open my life up to the possibility and see what happens. If there is a child who needs us, I want to be available for that child.

Today, we finally start the literature study of Number the Stars by Lois Lowry. I'm excited to have a plan again after my spring fever episode.

Dan heard the poem 'Find a penny, pick it up and all the day you'll have good luck." and now he drops pennies here and there for me to find. :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey lady,
I would love to know where you found your literature study of Number the Stars. <><

Fatcat said...

Here it is. I can't figure out how to make links on here, so you'll have to copy and paste it.

http://www.cdli.ca/CITE/number_the_stars.htme

Fatcat said...

http://www.cdli.ca/CITE/
number_the_stars.htm

Anonymous said...

Awwww, what a sweetie to leave lucky pennies for you!

Fatcat said...

I know. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails